Senior Media Buyer
We're Natives, the student specialist marketing group. Connected and curious.
We think student. We do, we learn, we refine, and we apply what we’ve learnt, just like students (and let’s face it, we could all be a bit more student).
Impact is something to aspire to - looking beyond impressions, reach, clicks, conversions and inspiring a focus on the bigger picture. More students enquiring, applying, and enrolling.
Let's work together.
We are looking for our Senior Media Buyer to come and join our Direct Media team based in our Brighton offices.
This role includes being the point of contact for all publishers and media owners, creating media plans across some or all the following channels; print (national and local), radio, cinema, TV, out of home and direct publisher deals.
- Line management of a Media Buying Executive
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of a Media Buying Executive
- Identifying training needs and allocation of workloads and monitoring performance of Media Buying Exec
- Mentoring, sharing knowledge and providing support to junior members of staff
- Team motivation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Direct Media Landscape preferably for the education space including relevant data sets (e.g. MediaTel, Route etc)
- Point of contact for media/publishers – liaising with media owners to buy the most effective space for the best value and ensuring the agency goals are being met
- Ensure we have clear and effective processes
- Planning, buying and implementing strategic client media plans, the buying and negotiating of media with publishers/suppliers. Some creative organisation along with some tracking.
- Day to day management of campaigns, including optimisation (where possible) and reporting on all campaigns. This includes reporting on key statistics as well as providing further insight and analysis to our clients
- Point of contact for client and client services team (strategic accounts) – working to understand their needs and match their objectives against the correct media, via effective media planning
- Working towards and achieving client’s outcomes and KPI's.
- Attending key client meetings to provide Direct Media expertise
- Troubleshooting issues with assigned clients
- Deliver scalable innovation and test and learn projects for clients
- Reporting on the effectiveness of the campaign
- In addition to these functions, employees may be required to carry out other duties as reasonably required
Education and Training
- Degree educated
Knowledge and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in Media Planning and Buying
- Superb communication skills - able to build relationships both internally with colleagues and externally
- Excel Skills at Intermediate Level, ability to create complex media plans and utilise advanced formulas and features
- Some prior experience in management/mentoring/developing a team is required
- Highly organised
- Excellent understanding of Maths
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Outcome focussed
And what’s in it for you?
As well as a unique working and reward environment we also treat our staff to; 25 days’ holiday, cycle to work scheme, flexi-time, pension scheme, gym or travel subsidy, childcare vouchers, birthdays off and fresh fruit and fantastic local cakes! Here at Natives, we take care of your career. Personal development is at our core and everyone has a tailored progression path designed to suit them.
Natives are committed to nurturing diversity throughout Natives and are recognised as a Stonewall Diversity Champion.